CONGRATULATING THE 2023 DALLAS AGRILCULTURAL CLUB’S SCHOLARSHIP AWARDEES!
WILLIAM MABUS, GRACE REAL AND PEYTON SCHOCH
The 2023 scholarship application period has closed! We invite you to apply in 2024. Scholarships will be awarded in August of 2024 at the Club’s meeting on Monday, August 5th.
The Dallas Ag Club Scholarship
The purpose of the Dallas Ag Club Scholarship is to encourage studies in agriculture or areas related to agriculture. Each scholarship will be for one year. $500.00 per year will come from the club’s treasury. Additional funds may be donated by club members, with the scholarship increasing in value up to $1,000.00. If the amount available becomes more than $500.00 for any year, then two or more scholarships may be awarded. The Treasurer will provide separate accounting for the scholarship donations.
Eligibility & Applications
1.The applicant must be a freshman student entering into an agricultural related program.
2.The applicant must be a resident of Dallas County or any of the counties adjacent to Dallas County. (This includes Collin, Denton, Ellis, Kaufman, Rockwall and Tarrant)
The application shall consist of:
1. Application Form
2. Transcript of the applicant’s high school record.
3. A picture of the applicant – snapshot will be acceptable.
4. One letter of recommendation from Agriculture Science Teacher (FFA Members) or County Extension Agent (4-H Members).
All must be postmarked by Monday, July 15 2024.
NOTE: Should one or more of the four (4) required be missing, your application may not be considered.
Applications may be submitted via email in PDF format on or before published deadline.
NOTE: Applicants must also mail in application, transcript, letter of recommendation and photograph. Must be postmarked by deadline, July 15, 2024..
1. Notification of acceptance and proof of enrollment must be submitted, the money will then be paid directly to the school in which the applicant is enrolled.
2. Recipient must attend one of the following DAC luncheons and give a 5 minute presentation of themselves at any regular meeting of the Club. Location: State Fair of Texas, Briscoe Carpenter Livestock Center, Heritage Hall of Honor, 1403 Washington Street, Fair Park, Dallas, TX 75210
Submit Applications to:
State Fair of Texas
Attn: Susan Brosin
PO Box 150009
Dallas, TX 75315
Notice of the existence of the scholarship shall be given through the county extension office of each county, and in addition attempts will be made to notify any FFA and any 4-H clubs in the counties involved. E-mail is preferable.
The basis of the award will be a combination of need and scholastic ability to be decided by the committee.